Thursday, June 3, 2010

Religion

Religion: Belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control over human destiny.

To be honest, in my opinion religion = bullshit.

Why do people need this belief that some divine power is watching their every move and thought, and then judging them on it?

I was disgusted when I found Buddism, what I believed to be the most passive and harmless religion, to have its own Buddist hell.
And each specific 'sin' had its own specific torture in the afterlife. If you're disrespectful to your mother, dogs tear you apart; if you're unfaithful they saw you in half; if you cheat a salesman, you got hot pieces of metal shoved down your throat.

I fail to comprehend why people are so desperate to believe that there is something after death.
There is no heaven. There is no hell. When you die you decompose in the ground or you're burnt to a crisp.

I personally don't need religion to tell me what is morally right and wrong.

Religion .5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment