Saturday, February 12, 2011

Big Day Out

Oh. My. God
It was incredible, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
We went up Saturday night (Cale, Reece and I), and stayed at Tez's, but didn't get much sleep. Went out to town and met up with Dan. and stayed out till the not so early hours of the morning, which probably wasn't the best idea. Reece went out in my skinnies. They fitted him better than me :-\
There was a budgie in the same room as the one where we were sleeping, so I got about an hours sleep.

Trekked to The Big Day Out in the morning. Missed the start of the vines and I was so keen I ditched everybody and went their straight away. The singer demolished the drum kit and his guitar and threw it out into the crowd, I almost caught the fret board.
Then we watched Little Red whist waiting for Dead Letter Circus. The singer from Little Red was seriously amazing. Too bad I think he's gay.
Dead Letter Circus went off. We were right up at the rail and I'm pretty sure the guitarist was eyeing me off :D
Then went and watched the Jim Jones Revue, they were hell suave. Then Washington, she's adorable I wanted to take her home. She was drinking Jameson on stage.
Found Sam then and had much fun with Zinc whilst at Die Antwood. They were really cool, the chick sounded like a Japanese girl and they just had a real good stage presence. We then had more fun with zinc and went and saw Angus and Julia Stone, but just sat around for it. :) It was nice.
Then we went to Wait for Tool, whilst John Butler, Iggy and the Stooges and Rammstein played (which was like 3 hours standing in the same place).
John Butler was good, but I've seen him a few times so I wasn't paying too much attention. Iggy Pop. Oh, My, God. We found Poppy and her cousin and it just went off. He got people on stage and he came down to the crowd and he grabbed my hand. It was amazing :D
Rammstein was a whole new level of performance. They had 20 meter flames coming out of their mouths and fireworks and props, but I couldn't really see cause I was surrounded by tall fuckers. Cunts.

Then Tool. Oh my word. I can't describe how excited they made me. And now I've had them stuck in my head for almost a week now. Just. So. Good. They played all the songs I wanted them to and played like 20 minutes over time. They had awesome projections on the backdrop and the drum kit. argh. So good
Then Sam and I sprinted to MIA, and had a good dance to that, almost got on stage with her, just like a minute too late. Then went back to Pratt and Clare's and slept till like 11 the next day.

Came home and I didn't wake up properly till Thursday morning.
Last night I had a dinner in Kirup with about 15 people from Balingup. It's my last full weekend down here before my move up to St Catherine's. Quite excited. Didn't get up to much, just got drunk and played Jenga till about 5 in the morning. Going out again tonight.

That is fucking all...

No comments:

Post a Comment