Friday, September 3, 2010

The week so far

Hey, did everyone know that Soundwave 2011 tickets are out?
Horay!
So I'ma get me one of them this weekend.

Which reminds me to tell you about the moat aweosme weekend of my entire life: the first weekend of March.

The Nannup Music Fest was on so all the Kirup boys were at Cales house in Nannup getting pissed and such while Cale and I were watching some amazing bands. Tinpan Orange, Mama Kin (in which John Butler with his kid and the singer from Tinpan Orange came and sat next to us), Matt Gresham, King George Brown (in which Matt Gresham sat next to us and Mama Kin behind us), and John Butler, where we were right up the front. It was amazing.
And then on Monday it was Soundwave 2010. We drove up in the morning and got there half an hour late, by which point I'd missed You Me At Six. I was mighty pissed off. We then watched A Wilhelm Scream, Baroness, Set Your Goals, Alexisonfire, Motion City Soundtrack (in which I caught the motherfucking set list), Escape The Fate, A.F.I. (which was fucking amazing), Placebo, A Day To Remember and Antiflag.
Antifalg were amazing to say the least. They got people up on stage and put the drum kit in the middle of the mosh pit for the last song.
Apart from missing You Me At Six and getting heat stroke within the first hour, it was a perfect day.
The next day I was off to Darwin and we saw Antiflag at the airport! I got a picture with the lead singer and was seriously star struck. It made up for mum throwing out the set list I caught. Still not pleased about that though.

ANYWAY
Prat's 21st was great. I walked for ages, lost my jacket, remembered I put it in the car, drank lots, listened to some awesome bands and ate a rollllll.
Also muttered alot of gibberish when Cale woke me up looking for the keys.
Work wasn't happy I was hungover. They want me to be more 'energetic.'
If you're going to hire me on the weekends be prepared for me not to be 'energetic.'
Fools. :) They're alright there.

I drove to Bunbury by myself on Tuesday. I was pretty proud, although I avoided parking and walked most places once I got into town.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment