Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I has been an eventful week or so, and since I'm in the middle of nowhere, I can't really tell everyone about it, so I thought I'd start a blog.


We went into Darwin on Sunday and since the road is all up and flooded we had to fly in this tiny plane. 14 seats, including the pilots. Pretty terrifying.

We tested out furniture and all that jazz for the sister's new house. Then to celebrate we got drunk and watched poker (because we're all addicted to online poker and there was no internet there) and Spongebob Squarepants in the hotel. The T.V. was longer than me.

Went out on Tuesday night to some restraunt/bar which had a really cool contraption for absenth. But we would have had to wait like an hour for it, by which time we'd run out of money.

On the plane trip back ( the plane was a bigger one this time, 20 seats) we flew through a tropical storm. Not very fun. Saw lightning and couldn't see out the window most of the time due to all the clouds. And then, when we were landing this huge shower came in so we went back up again. And when we were landing again there was another huge shower and I thought we were going to skid off the runway and die. But we didn't. Hooray


My sleeplessness has continued, with it taking me about 2 hours to get to sleep. So many a late night, which I don't mind so much, it's just waking up to screaming children at 7 in the morning after 3 hours sleep which dampens my day.


It's currently school holidays, so I'm not teaching my neice (yay). She doesn't like Dr Suess, which is very stange. Maybe she's not really human.



I'm also single now. Not sure how I feel about that.



I have a new guilty pleasure too. Hot british guys' video blogs. Don't be too dissapointed in me, they're funny and have awesome accents and talk really fast. Don't judge me! Lyssa will know what I mean.



Well... That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment